Two grades. Each question is five points.
- What is Moore's Law? How long will it continue? (Answer with less than three sentences.)
- http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/209 How did a slower hard disk affect the CPU's processing?
- (Same web site) What is a "north bridge chip"?
- (Go to the next web page; #2) What is the clock for inside the CPU?
- (Same page) What is the problem with the wires inside a motherboard?
- (Next page) What is clock multiplication?
- (Next page) I found this page a bit boring. Did you find it interesting?
- (Next page) How many bytes is 12 KB? Do the math.
- http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ram.htm How is RAM different from SAM?
- (Same page) What does the CPU do for the RAM?
- (Same page) Play the animation with the CAS and the RAS. What does all that mean?
- (Next page) If memory has 8x32 written on the package, what does that mean?
- (Next page: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ram2.htm ) Why is RAM so reliable?
- (Next page) How much memory do YOU need? Give a number and justify it based on WHAT YOU DO with your computer.
- (Next page) Memory is sold in multiples of what number?
- http://computer.howstuffworks.com/hard-disk.htm Do you like the site www.howstuffworks.com so far?
- (Next page) What is a "hard platter" used for?
- http://computer.howstuffworks.com/hard-disk4.htm What is one thing you learned on this page?
- (Next page) How fast do typical hard drives spin?
- http://computer.howstuffworks.com/hard-disk7.htm Define sector, track, and cluster.
Go to docs.google.com and add me as a collaborator.