Add me as a collaborator.
Put the answers in your words. If you use someone else's arrangement of words, you need QUOTATION MARKS.
You will have a test on these terms and concepts on Tuesday, February 20th 2007.
Answer the following questions, (search online if no URL is given):
- http://compnetworking.about.com/od/tcpiptutorials/a/ipaddrnotation.htm How many IP addresses can IPv6 handle?
- What is a computer network?
- Remember traceroute? Check out this cool implementation of it here: http://visualroute.visualware.com/ and search for any web site you choose. Write a brief review of this Java applet.
- On the home side of things, click here: http://computer.howstuffworks.com/home-network.htm Define 'technophile'.
- Still at howstuffworks.com, what does a router do?
- Consider the question of 'piggy-backingo' off a neighbor's wireless router. Is it the wrong thing to do?
- Follow the link about 'Phone Line Networking' and summarize how it works in five sentences!
- http://www.networkworld.com/newsletters/wireless/2007/0129wireless2.html What is 802.11n all about?
- Summarize three other articles at http://www.networkworld.com/.
- Define 'bandwidth'.
- Do you think this is cool? http://www.oreillynet.com/cs/weblog/view/wlg/448 Would you ever do such a project?
- What is DNS?
- What is SSL? What is it used for?
- http://www.webopedia.com/DidYouKnow/Internet/2005/ssl.asp Where can someone get SSL certifications?
- Check out some of these http://www.slac.stanford.edu/xorg/nmtf/nmtf-tools.html interesting programs on your own.
- What is a VPN? What is it used for?
- http://www.thebakershome.net/?q=node/56 Why did he want to own a server?
- What is an application server used for?
- What is a print server?
- What is the difference between an Intranet and Internet?
- Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_network and read through 'Classification of Computer Networks'. You'll learn all this stuff.